*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908820-After-Camelot
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#908820 added April 15, 2017 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
After Camelot
         I watched The Kennedy's After Camelot. First, I was amazed to see Matthew Perry as Teddy Kennedy. He didn't look a lot like him, but he managed to pull it off. The whole thing was riveting. I even enjoyed the accents.

         They portrayed Jackie as a very strong member of the family, long after JFK's death. The story ended with the death of John John, the end of the dynasty. Running American politics was their thing. They talked about it like it was their destiny, their purpose as a family, even the women. They were committed to it, even to the point of personal sacrifice and heartbreak.

         I think it was partly so mesmerizing because I have lived with news of the Kennedy's all my life. My grandmother was fascinated by Jackie, and had many books about her. I've read lots of articles about her. We've all heard about Eunice, Ros, Ethel, etc., for the last 50 plus years. This history was something out of the newspaper while I was alive.That makes it a little different from other history lessons. But the news media didn't tell the whole story. It's always been slanted and biased. And they could only tell what they knew. If the truth was held back, then we all have to wait until someone feels it is safe to reveal it.

         I wouldn't mind watching it again. I'm certainly going to look for the book.It revealed new things and fed a life long curiosity.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908820-After-Camelot