*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908642-Plant-Shopping
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#908642 added April 8, 2017 at 3:29pm
Restrictions: None
Plant Shopping
         In the financial news, Lowe's is on the downswing. But they certainly were the hot place to be this morning. I needed a cart and had to go back to the parking lot to find one. It was exciting looking at all the plants and seeds. The hustle and bustle was like that at a fair or theme park as people of all ages sorted through tomatoes and hydrangeas, pulling bags of potting soil, and bottles of fish fertilizer out. The smells were there. The wind carried the pollen from the surrounding area into the open patio sales yard. I sneezed like crazy and now my eyes won't stop watering here at home away from that wind.

         I indulged in a blueberry plant. I was chauffeuring my dad, an experienced gardener who can't work at it like he once did. I will have to do more outdoor duty this year. I'm stocked up on mosquito repellent and have a UV straw hat. We've had the knee pad for years, but I'll have to use it more. He's in charge of vegetables, elephant ears and marigolds. I'm going to have to do the rest. In the last few years, he's destroyed a lot of plants and shrubs by accident.

         I'm going to plant white speckled caladium along the patio. I don't know where the blueberry bush is going. Herbs go in pots on the deck. My sage and chives are thriving from last year. Dad picked out a fern to replace the ones that died over the winter. He also picked some flowers to go in cement pots. Nothing ever survives in those pots. I have to figure that out. The fun part was the shopping. Now the hard part waits!

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908642-Plant-Shopping