*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908602-Lego-Builders
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#908602 added April 7, 2017 at 9:51pm
Restrictions: None
Lego Builders
         My nephew is four. He's into Lego, so I am into it now as well. We only get him kits that say 4 or 5 and up, none that start at 8. I see a lot of kids, girls included, buying Lego. S pend a lot of time perusing that section, so I see a lot of kids with their parents. Sometimes I talk to them.

         I'm curious to know whether most kids build the sets and leave them as constructed. You'd need a room or at least a serious cabinet for the collector. One father told me his son deconstructs them after finishing the kits, and the pieces go into a general collection from which he builds freestyle. That seems like such a waste, since they have a whole series of each theme, like Batman the movie, or Batman the comic book hero, or "Friends", etc. They don't sell much of general pieces except in the preschool big pieces.

         Right now we're collecting a series of figures that you construct. The package doesn't tell you what you're getting, kind of like baseball cards. There are only 20 in the series, but I can picture getting 50 and most of them being the same figure. My nephew wants to do it himself, but doesn't mind letting you look over his shoulder or make suggestions or give a little extra muscle to the difficult pieces.

         My brother joked with me that I'm getting Lego for my birthday.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908602-Lego-Builders