*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908145-Swearing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#908145 added April 2, 2017 at 12:16am
Restrictions: None
Swearing
         I'm not totally against all swear words. There is a time and a place for everything. Not every person is suited to use them. But I believe they should be reserved for those times when no other words will do.

         I am really tired of people who sprinkle their conversations with repetitive curse words. After a while, I begin to think they have a limited vocabulary, so they throw in the same word or two over and over again to cover their lack of word knowledge. They can use the same word as an adverb, adjective, noun or verb.I guess it's supposed to prove they're cool. Instead, they come off as shallow and crude, as lower class.

         The other side of that is that if curse words are used frequently and in all situations, they cease to have power. How can they convey anger or disappointment? They just sound routine. Is a "bad" word really so bad, if men and women use them ever day in every walk of life? We'll have to invent new bad words in order to have shock value.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908145-Swearing