*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907441-On-Easter
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#907441 added March 23, 2017 at 1:30pm
Restrictions: None
On Easter
Prompt: "For I remember it is Easter Morn and life and love and peace are all new born." Let's write about Easter.

==============

At one time, all I cared about Easter were the chocolate bunnies. The story is that the chocolate pieces hid here and there has to do with the task of a white or pink bunny whose earlier name, as I learned later, was Easter Hare. Easter Hare was changed from a bird to a rabbit by a pagan (Saxon) goddess.

Then came all the other hip-hoppings like spring breaks, searching for candy in odd places, egg hunts, and watching kids on TV rolling eggs on the White House lawn.

In addition to its fun and its sacred connections, Easter’s poignancy, for me, has to do with my daughter-in-law’s grandmother who was born on Easter day as she is a lady I like a lot. As much as Easter points to rebirth, a favorite person’s birthday means the joy of life, a life of meaning, and when these two things combine, they make for a special kind of celebration.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907441-On-Easter