*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907380-That-Sense-of-Quiet
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#907380 added March 22, 2017 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
That Sense of Quiet
Prompt: "Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day-like writing a poem or saying a prayer." What are your thoughts on this?

========

Not in the morning! Enjoyable things like arranging flowers or writing a poem or even going online take place after my hectic mornings are dealt with.

My first thought when I read this prompt was how in the world would I find time in the morning for those mentioned things, except for the thoughts and prayers that can be said while doing other stuff. Then, forget about arranging flowers and such; I don’t usually have the time to change the water in the vases if there were flowers in them from the day before.

I understand that it’s important to create a quiet space in which to think. A quiet focus is important for any person. What I first do in the morning is to feel grateful for being alive to face the day. Gratitude is important for me at any time, and it is vital to think about a thing or two that I’m grateful about, especially when I start the day.

Despite my often-hectic mornings, I rather feel calm and focused overall, unless someone says or does something that irks me, which doesn’t happen very often. For a sense of quiet, most therapists suggest keeping noise to the minimum, such as the TV, radio, etc. Even noise doesn’t rattle me, anymore because, over the years, I‘ve trained myself to ignore it.

I work with lists for everything, so I am not distressed over undone stuff. Still, undone stuff is inevitable in life. I have accepted that. This acceptance adds to my sense of calm, too.



© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907380-That-Sense-of-Quiet