*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907359-March-22-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#907359 added March 22, 2017 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
March 22, 2017
"March 22, 2017 Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** My Blog signature

Group signature.

The 30 DBC prompt for Wednesday March 22 is "Are you in any writing groups outside of WDC (like in your school or your community)? Have you/would you share blog entries in that group? How would you go about doing it, given the logistics of trying to share something that is on the internet in a physical group setting?"

Y

es as a matter of fact I do write for other sites outside of WDC. One of those sites is AllPoetry.com and I have won several awards there as well. I haven't been as active there recently as i would like to be because i have been busy with a dozen other things, including being sick

I also operate several completely independent blogs. I'd have to go look up the addresses, which I have stored in a database off sight but I know there are at least six blogs that I maintain. They are Christian blogs and I usually post the same content on each. Did you know that you can have your own free blog on the Internet? Sites such as WordPress.com, Yola.com, Webs.com, Blogger.com and several others will allow you to have a completely free blog. They even provide you with simple, easy to use site builder tools and templates to build your blog.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum prompt for Wednesday March 22, 2017 is "Each season has its own special blessings." What are some of the blessings of the season. Write about one or all four seasons."

M

y favorite season is summer. I love summer because everything is vibrant and alive. Winter always strikes me as being so drab and dead looking. It's always hard in the winter to remember that the trees aren't all dead, but rather merely dormant. Summer on the other hand is a time for growth and new birth. The only problem I have with summer is the heat. The heat tends to make breathing difficult. Aside from that summer is wonderful, especially here in West Virginia. Much of West Virginia is forests and mountains so you have these high, green hills rising everywhere. It's quite beautiful. In fact President Jimmy Carter once said that West Virginia was one of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful state in the nation. He was ostracized for the comment but I tend to agree with him.

My second favorite season is spring. Spring would be my favorite if early spring wasn't still so winter like. As I said already, I like things green. Early spring is still drab and gray looking. Gray might look alright in my beard but I don't like it in the trees. What I really enjoy about spring is watching life renew itself. Some of the prettiest sights are red-breasted robins returning from the south and Easter lilies blooming in the field. It's always a pleasure to listen to frogs as they croak at night as well.

My third favorite season is fall. I enjoy the green that still lingers from summer and the temperatures are usually just about perfect. The only thing I don't like about fall is that for about half of it the trees have no leaves and the weather becomes winter like.

My least favorite season is winter. If I had to find some benefit of winter it would be that I breathe better. I can breathe cold air much better than hot, humid air.

Blog City image small

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for Wednesday March 22, 2017 is ""Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day-like writing a poem or saying a prayer." What are your thoughts on this?"

D

oing anything constructive and positive first thing in the morning gets one's day off to a good start and basically sets the pace for the remainder of the day. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gives our bodies the nutritional burst needed to get the day off to a good start. The same can be said of doing something positive and enjoyable first thing in the morning. It gives our spirits a boost and sets us off on a positive path likely to last all day.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907359-March-22-2017