*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906974
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Sci-fi · #2114795
A scientist tries to end a one-thousand year winter. Everyone tries to stop her.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#906974 added March 16, 2017 at 8:19pm
Restrictions: None
1.- Introductory
         Once upon a time...

         ...in the magical land of Unica...

         I tried to get laid.

         Not the most inspiring of beginnings, but such an innocuous endeavor almost caused the end of the world. Really. Also, I'd like to say that this was my story, and that I was some kind of heroine, but that would be a stretch by anyone's imagination. Okay, a downright lie. This is a story about other people. Better people. People who had much harder starts that I had and did much greater things than I did. I simply happened, by dumb luck and proximity, to end up their reluctant biographer.

Reluctant being the operative term.

So hey, the name's Lozenge. I like science, stylish hats, and poorly wielded derivative nouns. I hate trains, germs, and music that sounds like a blender full of kazoos. Unfortunately, I will encounter all of the latter. A lot.

Pleased to meetcha.

Now on to the meat and potatoes.

To understand the story of the Leaf, the Feather, and the Light; the trials of the Six Saints, and all the other wonderfully cataclysmic events of the Millennial Sun Celebration; the story of how the world got into the condition it was in, what we ended up doing about it, and why I'm here telling you this; we have to rewind to a time when I was an unassuming Church apothecary and mild-mannered virgin.

Ready?

It all started with this obnoxious kid...
© Copyright 2017 Hierophant (UN: hierophant at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hierophant has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906974