*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906854-Surviving-the-Late-Winter-Storm
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#906854 added March 14, 2017 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
Surviving the Late Winter Storm
         Granted my area hardly had any signs of winter except a bitter cold wind. It was sleeting before bedtime, but it rained during the night and washed it away on the roads and driveways. I had to scrape it off the car mid-morning. It was pretty cold and no sun. By mid-afternoon, the sun was out and no signs were left. It was still cold in the wind.

         I made it to work just fine. We had eight call outs. Okay, some of them live west of town over the mountains, so they probably did have more. The ones who worked early would have had problems. By afternoon, even the mountain dwellers had no excuse. Still they did not work. Some weren't scheduled to come in until late afternoon, but they knew early morning that they weren't coming in. Huh??? Planning to lay out playing video games? We don't get paid without written doctor notes.

         I couldn't help but notice the irony of suffering allergies from pollen while enduring cold winter winds and scraping sleet off the car. My nose is raw from sneezing and running so much. I'm exhausted from constant coughing. My eyes cry away all makeup almost immediately. Spring came way too early, then winter decided to freeze us again. The pollen season will be a very long one this year.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906854-Surviving-the-Late-Winter-Storm