*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906338-The-Hope--Joy-That-Comes-from-Pressing-on
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#906338 added March 9, 2017 at 12:49am
Restrictions: None
The Hope & Joy That Comes from Pressing on!
There is a tedium that comes with the constant inner focus to insure that all the grieving has been done.
But the vigilance is vital to good health.

It is, indeed, important to observe the necessary areas of grieving
in order to know that we are sufficiently healthy to proceed with life.


1. I must admit that there has been a terrible loss in life.
2. I must come to soberly understand that this terrible loss can never be repaired completely in this life.
3. I must admit that my heart is experiencing severe emotions, such as anger, sadness, pain and loss.
4. I must appreciate that the depth of my grief is consistent with the depth of love I have known with the one I have lost.


Then at some point I can honestly state that I am soberly aware of my deep loss,
and I am deeply committed to honoring my loved one by pressing on in life.

I expect that over the next couple of years, there will be an ebb and flow of deep intense grieving mixed with resolution.
Productivity will be followed the need to rest and reflect, and then there will be joyfully more productivity.

I pray that grief will never take over my life.
I want to press into the grief, when doing so is appropriate.
I, also, want to press into the productivity of a very active writing life, when I can honestly do so in a healthy way.

There is a wisdom seen in the intentionality of life.
There is a true balance between honoring the grief of the loss of my valued and dear loved one
as well as the honoring of the talent I have been given as a writer.

Often, the writing can be a venue for the healing of the grief.

That is always my goal.

May the reader be well.
Maybe we can share grief and be healed together.
Always we can share our love of writing and grow side-by-side.


Jay O'Toole
on March 9th, 2017


Here is my latest signature, given to me by my own beautiful daughter, Jade Amber Jewel.

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906338-The-Hope--Joy-That-Comes-from-Pressing-on