*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906334-A-Days-Inspiration
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#906334 added March 9, 2017 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
A Day's Inspiration
         Ever had a day when you had several thoughts or trains of thought that you just had to write down? But you were driving or at work or moving the lawn, so you had to wait. By the time the day's chores are done and you sit at your desk, your mind is blank. And you think to yourself, "What was so important? What made me think I had something to say?"


         Then nothing comes out. You sit stymied. You couldn't make polite conversation if someone were in the room. All you can think about is washing your face and going to bed. Did that moment of grand inspiration really exist? Was it just a wish or a moment's fancy? Are great thoughts so fleeting, so slick that they can't be held?

         Maybe it's like walking on the precipice. You have to throw yourself in right then and there to get the most of it. Walk away, and you forget how it feels. The adrenaline tapers off; the emotions, whether fear or thrill or passion,drift away. Nothing remains but the ashes of your mind's passion.

         Maybe, it will come back another day. Probably not. How often does the same muse visit with the same agenda? That's life, I guess.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906334-A-Days-Inspiration