*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906172-Chicago-The-Movie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#906172 added March 6, 2017 at 5:19pm
Restrictions: None
Chicago, The Movie
         Okay, I'm usually a little late. I just saw the movie Chicago with Richard Gere from more than a decade ago. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. It was wonderful.

         My favorite scene, I think, was the puppet scene where Gere is the featured performer with the rest in the chorus. They had to shoot it many times to edit together the final film. The girl Roxie was real at times, just a puppet at others. Same with the chorus members. Only Gere was himself the whole time. And his voice is unusual. We see why he didn't have a musical career, but he can still carry a tune well. The effect is memorable.

         I also liked the song Mr. Cellophane. I'm sure a lot of viewers can identify with that. Queen Latifah was great, as always, singing or not. In some movies, editing, flash shots, short scenes, darting back and forth, etc., just flops. Here, it was clean, artistic, and tastefully done. The kaleidoscope, if I can call it that, works in this case.

         A nearby theater group is doing Chicago very soon. It's a bit of ride for me, but I'm thinking about going. I just have to round up some friends.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906172-Chicago-The-Movie