*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906118-Why-Why-not
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#906118 added March 6, 2017 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
Why? Why not?
"Why? Why not?

Blog City image small

Just what it says

** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable **

My Blog signature

Just what it says

The Blog City prompt for March 6, 2017 is "Apocryphal stories are about real people but they are made up, and yet, they are meaningful. For example, when Gertrude Stein was lying on her deathbed, Alice B. Toklas asked her: “What is the answer?” And Stein answered: “What is the question?” (Meaning = The question is the answer.)
What do you think of apocryphal stories? Can you come up with one possibly about a famous person of our time or someone you know?"

I heard a story once told by my college professor. Let me see if I can paraphrase it. It was time for the final exam in his psychology class and the professor walked in with these very thick piles of blank paper stapled at the corner. The packets had ass many sheets of paper in each packet as the professor could safely staple together. On the first page was the only test question "Why?"
A packet was passed out to each student and they set to work writing out their answers. Each student sat there and wrote out long and elaborate answers as my professor considered the question and didn't write a word. Finally the professor called for the papers as time was up. My professor was the only one left anyway. He quickly scrawled "Why not?" on his paper and turned it in. Every other test paper was laying there with F's on them. he turned his in with trepidation and watched as the professor wrote A+ on it.

The question was Sigmund Freud's apocryphal "Why? Why not?"

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards



































© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906118-Why-Why-not