*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905805-The-New-Normal
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#905805 added March 2, 2017 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
The New Normal
WOW! This is my first week without commas dancing in my head for most of two months!

This is the first week after the closing of the "I Write..." Challenge!

This is my first week without Mom on Planet Earth!

This is my first week of the New Normal!


Thanks to Fräulein Maria I have some thoughts to start the New Normal.


"What will this day be like? I wonder.
What will my future be? I wonder.
It could be so exciting to be out in the world, to be free
My heart should be wildly rejoicing
Oh, what's the matter with me?"




I suppose the "matter with me" is no different than that of the other people.
There is something comforting in sameness and in the routine.
That is no longer possible for me.

Big changes require a New Normal.

Captain Kirk had an interesting interchange with Captain Picard in Star Trek Generations.


"Picard: Come back with me. Help me stop Soran. Help make a difference again!
Kirk: Who am I to argue with the captain of the Enterprise? What's the name of that planet? Veridian III?
Picard: That's right.
Kirk: I take it the odds are against us and the situation is grim?
Picard: You could say that.
Kirk: You know if Spock were here, he'd say I was an irrational, illogical human being for going on a mission like that.
[pause]
Kirk: Sounds like fun!"


Once, I get over the initial anticipation, like Gimli in The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, I should be able to say,...
"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?"



What is my point?
Few of us experience battles that are as epic
as the ones portrayed in these two movies.
However, we can each live life to the full.
I know that one day I, too, shall begin to experience Eternity.
I want to be running up hill full-tilt, when I enter the New Day!

Anything less is not worthy of the courageous soul I want to be.

Onward & Upward!!!!


This is my first signature.

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905805-The-New-Normal