*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905435-Scary-TV-Show
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#905435 added February 24, 2017 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Scary TV Show
         I have never liked horror movies. They scared me when I was young, and my younger brother was obsessed with them. I couldn't even follow what was going on, but he would explain them to me. It took years for me to work up the courage to watch Cujo with my husband, only to discover it wasn't a horror movie after all.

         Now one of my favorite TV shows is Grimm. Go figure. It's full of blood and gore. People morph suddenly into scary ugly creatures. I can't get enough of it! But it's the story line that keeps me coming back, not the hideous effects or violence.

          I've seentoo many creepy movies with no decent story line. The action didn't make sense. And there's usually gratuitous sex or nudity in horror movies. Why female breasts and horror are so closely tied I don't know. Or maybe I do. At least to men, both are thrilling, just in a different way. It just cheapens the movie for the women viewers.

         Still, I liked the movie Needful Things with Gregory Peck. But it was a good story told by Stephen King. It wasn't horror just for the sake of horror. And it was scary and creepy. But then Gregory Peck added class to everything he did.


© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905435-Scary-TV-Show