*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905391-Dream-Job
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#905391 added February 24, 2017 at 4:23am
Restrictions: None
Dream Job
"Dream Job

Group signature.

Just what it says

** Image ID #2112408 Unavailable **

Just what it says :


The 30 DBC prompt is "Have you ever taken a job you didn't want in order to support yourself? What was it? In "The Meaning of Work," an episode of NPR's TED Radio Hour, psychologist Barry Schwartz asks, "Why is it that, for the overwhelming majority of people on the planet, the work they do has none of the characteristics that gets us up and out of bed and off toward the office every morning?" Are you working in your dream profession now?"

Yes I have taken jobs I didn't want just to support myself. It's amazing how much of a motivator going hungry can be. The jobs I have had that I didn't want included everything from cleaning cages in the humane society to telemarketing and even a stint with a fast food restaurant. I didn't like none of these jobs because I am a writer but hey, the bills have to get paid now don't they.

In answer to Dr. Schwartz I believe most people simply take the first thing that comes along instead of holding out for their dream job. I'm 55 and still waiting for a writing job that pays.

Yes I suppose I am working in my dream profession now because I am a writer. It doesn't pay yet but I'm building up a nice writer's resume with the awards I'm winning. I'm waiting to hear back from the television stations about possibly going to work as a writer there.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905391-Dream-Job