*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904944-Self-Indulgent-Media
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#904944 added February 18, 2017 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Self-Indulgent Media
         I'm sick of this war between the media and the politicians. The news is about the news, not what's going on. They need to stop worrying about themselves or how they are perceived and just report without emotion. Get mad behind the scenes, not on camera. The more you complain and rant, the more fuel you give the speech makers.

         I just witnessed an interview with a journalist on the left guessing what was in someone's heart and assuming things about her life. What kind of news is that? What self-righteousness is this that passes for news? Stick to the facts. Where did he get his degree in psychiatry?

         Reporters and commentators are not supposed to be the subject of the news. They need to back off comments by others and just do an unbiased job. It might be hard, but that's part of your profession. Do not make your business the news. As long as you do the news with integrity, let your opposition roll off your back.

         Celebrities are self-indulgent, self-righteous and feel like their opinions are more important than the rest of the public. Their children brag that they write their own books because there are no good books out there to read. The parents then brag about how smart and creative their children are. They aren't dealing with reality. They think the world revolves around them. Please, news people, don't follow behind them. Don't believe that you are the center of the universe.

         Move onto other subjects. Your public gets tired of the same old stories and whining.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904944-Self-Indulgent-Media