*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904835-Convicted-of-suicide
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#904835 added February 17, 2017 at 12:47am
Restrictions: None
Convicted of suicide
"Convicted of suicide

Group signature.

** Image ID #2112408 Unavailable **

Just what it says

Just what it says

The 30 DBC prompt for February 17, 2017 is "Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliaments – This has been voted as the most ridiculous law by the British citizens. What's your take? What weird laws exist on the books where you live? If you could write a weird law, what would it be?"

I agree with British citizens. it is ridiculous to tell somebody that they can't die because ultimately we're all going to die whether we want to or not. The writer of the New Testament book "Hebrews 9: 27 says "Everyone must die once and after that be judged by God."

I let the word speak for me. No matter what law man may pass against dying it has been going on since the dawn of time and it will continue to go on. Nothing can stop death anymore than anything can ever stop poverty or taxes. They are simply a part of life and always will be.

"What weird laws exist in the books where you live?"

The weirdest law I've personally ever heard of is the law that says it's illegal to commit suicide. I mean what are they going to do? Are they going to prosecute the offender? The law has been changed to read that it's a crime punishable by incarceration in a state mental institution to attempt suicide now but there was a law on the books that made it a crime punishable by death to kill oneself. I know because when I was part of the emergency medical system we joked about how we would collect the evidence so the prosecutor would have an airtight case of self-inflicted murder, then laugh our butts off when the judge asked them to produce a defendant!

Now "If you could write a weird law, what would it be?"

I'd write a law that the ocean wasn't allowed to meet the shore line. I don't know really. Maybe i'd write a law that might have had a effect at one time but was no longer needed like "No bad toupees."
218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904835-Convicted-of-suicide