*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903891-A-Winter-Day-At-Home
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#903891 added February 3, 2017 at 11:07pm
Restrictions: None
A Winter Day At Home
         Oh, my domestic side came out today. I made old-fashioned bread pudding. It was delicious, but way too sweet. I had two servings before dinner! The old weathered cookbook needs some updating. If I make it again, I'll cut back on the raisins. They plump up and make their own sweet liqueur. I'd reduce the brown sugar. With the raisins, the sugar is just too much. It didn't use as much bread as I thought either, so it didn't get rid of all my bread.

         When I vacuumed, I moved all the furniture to sweep under it. (I usually do that after the children leave to retrieve all the crayons and small toys.) I cleaned up the refrigerator, which I just did yesterday, but I want to keep it clean. It's a pretty time-consuming process. I sorted through the cosmetics on my dresser top and parted with some of them. I did laundry this morning. I usually have trouble doing all that in one day. I even did my e-mail and cleaned up the files and tried to order concert tickets. By the time I decided I could not get specific seating for an elderly person on-line, the box office was closed and I couldn't do it by phone. After cleaning the kitchen after dinner, I watched jeopardy, only to fall asleep after the last commercial and miss the winner. I managed to study and come back to the computer.

         Bottom line, I think I could like more days off with no appointments. I love checking things off my mental to do list.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903891-A-Winter-Day-At-Home