*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903268-The-TV-With-the-Bunny-Ears
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#903268 added January 27, 2017 at 1:18am
Restrictions: None
The TV With the Bunny Ears
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1926 a Scottish inventor named John Baird demonstrated a pictorial transmission machine called the television. Do you remember seeing your first television...the one your parents had when you were a kid? What were some of your favorite shows? Do you still watch any of the old programs you enjoyed as a teenager?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Television were pretty popular, when I was a little boy in the 1960s. I remember the old black & white TV with the "bunny ears." It was hard to watch on a stormy night. Occasionally, the coarse-tuning and the fine-tuning knobs and the channel-changer would pop off. If you lost any of these, you had to change the channel with a pair of needle-nosed pliers. Fun times!

One of my favorite shows was the original Star Trek series, which I anticipated every week with my family at 8:00 PM on Thursday nights. I liked to watch Captain Kangaroo, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Romper Room, The Jack LaLanne Show, Lassie, I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffin Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, I Dream of Jeannie, Batman & Robin, Superman, Gilligan's Island (after school at 3:30 PM,) The Carol Burnett Show, The Partridge Family, The Lawrence Welk Show (every Saturday evening with his Champaign Music,) The Brady Bunch, The Monkeys, Monday Night Football, and Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In. I'm sure their were others as I crank up the Memory Lane Machine.

As a young married man in the 1980s, we liked the Friday Night Funnies of Family Matters, Step by Step, Full House and Boy Meets World.

We now own the first season of Family Matters, Full House, Home Improvement and Extreme Homes (HGTV) on Amazon Prime. We have a four DVD set of Perfect Strangers. "Cousin Larry, we do the dance of Joy!"





Here is my latest signature, given to me by my own beautiful daughter, Jade Amber Jewel.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*


© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903268-The-TV-With-the-Bunny-Ears