*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903231-Under-Way
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#903231 added January 26, 2017 at 3:14pm
Restrictions: None
Under Way
         Well, the month is almost over and I'm finally getting into the New Year. The last of the Christmas things went into the attic just an hour ago! I made some headway this week on last week's goals! I am making progress.

         I suppose it helps that I'm breathing better than the first week of January. My cold is almost gone. I'm on my second round of antibiotics to clear my throat and stop the cough. I thought I was getting better, but my eyes got weepy during the night and the cough kept me awake again. This crud won't leave, yet I still feel so much better than I did for a few weeks during and after the holidays. I can't sing, and sometimes can't talk, but I can run a vacuum and change beds again. Whew.

         Being ill kills your enthusiasm and resolve. However, once you regain control somewhat, you can get back on the right path. I've paid my bills, got some paperwork done, and did some dusting. (I hate housework, but it won't go away.) I'm trying to plan a mini-vacation on which I can take my dad, who can't sit in the car all day, and can't walk a lot, but wants variety, too. It is a new year and time both of us did something different. Life is too short to stay home and work all the time.

         I would tell young people, "Get out and see the world now, before you have too many responsibilities." When you're older, you have obligations to others, you may have health problems, or you may have unforeseen burdens. If you wait to travel or have fun, it might not be possible. Some people do manage after 50 to do what they want, to benefit from their labor. But there is no guarantee that it will work that way.

         I am ready to make this a brand new year. I'll redecorate if I can. I'll do whatever it takes to shake things up. I'll write and I'll read and I'll travel as far as I can. It's going to be different one way or another!





b

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903231-Under-Way