*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902937-Behaviors
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#902937 added January 22, 2017 at 8:39pm
Restrictions: None
Behaviors
PROMPT: When have you ever had to apologize for something you know in your heart you were wrong about? How did you do it, and how were you received?

=============

If I know 100% that I have been wrong, I apologize immediately, regardless of how it is received. This comes easily to me because of the result of my conditioning because, during my formative years, my tough-cookie mother made me apologize not once but many times for the littlest things I did. Was she right to do that? This is up for debate. I think she wasn’t, but I am prejudiced toward my own direction.

As to the results of my apologies, people sometimes say there isn’t anything to apologize for. Other times, they accept it. Rarely, if ever, have I received a negative reaction; therefore, my mother’s conditioning might have given some positive results.


Mixed flowers in a basket



"I won't kiss you. It might get to be a habit and I can't get rid of habits." ~ F.Scott Fitzgerald
Is there something you avoid because you're afraid once you start you won't be able to stop?


===========

In fact, I avoid many things because I am interested in too many things, and if I start working with and obsessing over any one of them, I’ll neglect what’s important to me. I know I run the risk of neglecting other stuff when I concentrate on any one thing. So, after years and years of watching how I tend to behave, I am limiting myself to a limited number of interests.

As to Fitzgerald’s quote, I wouldn’t mind "kissing" or, in other words, being nice to people especially if it will become a habit because people have to come first before anything.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902937-Behaviors