*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902724-Six-Flags-Over-Georgia
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#902724 added January 20, 2017 at 1:03am
Restrictions: None
Six Flags Over Georgia!
WOW! Amusement parks and especially roller-coasters were staples of my teenage experience. That is especially so throughout high school.

Six Flags Over Georgia boasted of having either THE Fastest (or at least one of the fastest) wooden roller-coasters in America, during the 1970s. Known as The Great American Scream Machine the entire ride lasted approximately 90 seconds to two minutes, but the speed and the breeze in the hair was still worth the nearly hour-long wait, that was required at times.

If you wanted back then (and even still today) a slightly bumpier ride, which was full of excitement, then it was time to ride the Dahlonega Mine Train, which is an homage to Georgia's heritage as being part of the American Gold Rush. After coming through a clap-trap mining building at some height off the ground, there was an immediate two to three story drop down into an underground mine shaft, which pops you back out into the daylight on the other side. (This worthy ride got many repeat visits from me every time my family or school group went to the park.)

By the time I was a senior in high school, Six Flags Over Georgia had added another roller-coaster, that had a name to match the anticipation. The Mind Binder touted three complete loops. Up and Over for two of the loops with a wonderful corkscrew flip comprising the third.

More roller-coasters have been added over the years. As to personal assessment The Batman, which is near The Great American Scream Machine, is one of the bumpiest roller-coasters I have ever ridden. There is plenty of belting-in to keep the rider secured, but the brace on both sides of the head down to the chest, virtually acts as a headache creator, too.

With all the fancy new roller-coasters available at amusement parks all over the country, including the Manta at Sea World in Orlando, Florida, The Great American Scream Machine remains one of the best. Although today it is a wonderful, short, breezy sit-down retreat from all the walking, which helps my head to mellow out from the other rides. :D

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*



© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902724-Six-Flags-Over-Georgia