*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902311-Writing-for-the-Readers
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#902311 added January 16, 2017 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
Writing for the Readers!
The readers of my posts as well as of my poetry and prose tend to return often because they share my aesthetic in life.

I write things important to the Christian life because I am a Christian.
I write poems because my spirit breathes poetry.
I write about Christmas because Christmas is important to me.

I think about gardening, needlepoint, piano-playing and writing because I like to work with my hands.
I think about hope for today and hope for the future because my heart needs Hope. This works well, since all of Humanity needs Hope too.
I think about drinking tea and the enjoyment of eating wonderful food because I believe the tastebuds as well as the receptors in the nose were created for the sheer pleasure and enjoyment of experiencing all the myriad flavors and aromas in the world. Food and drink is not just for sustenance. The euphoric experience of a excellent cup of tea or a superb cup of coffee begins with the savoring of the aroma of the leaves or the beans before and after brewing.

In short Life is supremely meaningful to me. I write out of the overflow of these meaningful experiences of Life. People, who enjoy the same things, enjoy the words I write. The words are merely the meeting place, where we begin to share the JOYs of Life together.

I must confess I agree with Ethel Merman on this point. I am the freest when I am writing. I don't usually worry about the response of the readers. If I can pass my own high standards and exacting ideas about what it takes to create a worthy piece of literature, then I rest assured someone else is most certainly going to like the creation of words, too.

When I act on stage, I consistently experience nervousness before and during my performances, since I am performing the words of another as well as the directions of some other mind. That puts a great deal of pressure on me as an actor to "get it right" for the approval of those individuals, who are counting on me.

When I write, I consistently feel freedom, since I am performing my own thoughts, and the directions flowing from the person I am.

I certainly need my readers.
I am certainly and undyingly grateful for my readers.
I do not fear my readers, since we are consistently of like mind or they would not be my readers.


Thank you, All,...more than I know how to properly express! :D

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902311-Writing-for-the-Readers