*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902015-Safe-for-Momma-and-Children
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#902015 added January 12, 2017 at 4:41pm
Restrictions: None
Safe for Momma and Children...
There is a voice from my childhood, that remains a driving principle in the decision-making process throughout my life. My dad often told me, "Son, don't ever do anything, that you would be ashamed for your Daddy and your Momma to see."

That thought coupled with the Apostle Paul's admonition, "Honor your father and your mother: that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God gives you," is the reason why I want my profile to always be family-friendly. (I might occasionally write something, that has a higher rating than "E," but "scary" stories in that genre will all have some connection to the Biblically-scientific record of Hell.)

When we first open my profile page we see Snoopy writing, "It was a dark and stormy night...," the picture is of daytime with a bright blue sky and green grass. Snoopy is my favorite comic book character. Since my personality has traditionally been closer to Charlie Brown, it has been a Joy to go along with the adventures of Snoopy and his amazing imagination.

Currently my briefcase image is a snowy landscape at night with a warm fire implied by the plume of smoke coming from the chimney. I love snow, though I rarely get to see it at my home in south Georgia, USA. The snow reminds me of my childhood around Christmas time, when I lived in north Texas and in the Oklahoma panhandle, where the snow would pile all the way up the side of the house.

My Highlighted Items are all winners of poetry contests. No matter how far I may go with my prose, poetry will always have a special place in my heart.

The reader will find four folders in my portfolio.
1. Poetry is in a class by itself. (I am beginning to think it is time to subdivide this folder into various categories of poetry.)
2. Essays are my thoughts about life. (I have opinions about everything. When I encounter something new, it's not very long before I have created an opinion to cover that issue. I am not always right, but I can usually point to chapter and verse or other verifiable scientific facts, that back-up my viewpoint.)
3. Flash Fiction is testament to the fact, that I can actually create linear thought in some sort of cohesive whole, that does not require rhyme.
4. The Rising Stars Program folder helps me to keep track of all the requirements associated with this very helpful and challenging program, that is stretching me greatly as a writer.

Finally, the reader would be advised to be aware of my caveat emptor. I am a Christian. This affects everything I write in some way. I will not ever try to "be in the face" of the reader, due to this quality of life, but I will not try to hide it, either.

Remember the principle, "Honor your father and your mother," that I mentioned earlier? My dad taught me to sing "Jesus Loves Me," when I was about two or three years old. He helped me to memorize John 3:16 at that tender age, too. He led me to The LORD, when I was six. A week after becoming a lifelong Christian, Dad presented me with my first KJV Bible, engraved with my complete given name on the bottom edge of the front cover.

Mom was a schoolteacher for over 30 years. In fifth grade she was my teacher in a classroom of over 20 children. She handled that nicely and without favoritism.

Both of my parents love Jesus of Nazareth with all of their hearts. I honor them, today, by doing the same for Jesus IS the most important Person in my life. Though Dad has been in Heaven for nearly 15 years, now, and Mom is dealing with the advanced stages of Alzheimer's Disease at nearly 90 years of age, I will always try to honor my parents through the things I write, say and do. This includes respect for others and their beliefs.

If you want to know what I think, then read or by all means ask. I promise to give an honest answer, since Honesty was drilled into me as a Prime Directive as well.

Thanks for sharing this little walk down memory lane and through my portfolio, that archives the same. :D

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902015-Safe-for-Momma-and-Children