*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901853-Go-Spot-go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901853 added January 10, 2017 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
Go Spot go
The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for January 11 is "There are two great days in our life. The day we are born and the day we find out why. How do you feel about this?"

I can see where that makes sense. I have sort of always known that I was born with a special talent, which recently has been the talent of sticking my neck out and standing up for my beliefs. However, i can remember how I felt in first grade when i began to learn to read. yes, the teacher had spent a great deal of time teaching us the alphabet but when she started putting those characters together to form words it hit me with the impact of a hydrogen bomb! Why those little squiggly things actually have a purpose! From that moment on writing, not simply telling stories, was a part of me. I couldn't wait each day for our reading class to start. Sally, Dick, and Jane became my best friends and I would escape into their world. I remember their dog Spot was the subject matter of the first complete sentence I ever read. it was "Go spot go!"

from that moment on i took to reading like an airplane takes to flight. i was a natural and excelled at it. When no other grades were excellent, reading and writing carried me through. So yes I agree that the day I discovered that i was meant to be a writer was one of the most important days of my life because it set the course for the rest of my life. There were other days equally as important such as the day of my conversion, the day of my marriage, and others but that day impacted me and shaped me for a long writing career.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901853-Go-Spot-go