*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901717-Winter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#901717 added January 13, 2017 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
Winter
Winter has come to Gainesville, Florida. Low temps have been at the freezing point or less for the last two mornings, but tomorrow we will be warming up and getting back to our normal 40s to 70s for January.

Winter is depressing to me, so dreary-looking outside with all the brownish grass, except for one bright spot under two of my pines in the backyard, a brightly blooming azalea. And the birds cheer things up. I'm seeing many chickadees and tufted titmice (not sure that's the correct plural, but you get the picture *Laugh*). First thing in the morning they remind me to crack up the ice in their bird bath and give them some fresh water and food. And they peck away at the hanging suet block.

Yesterday at our monthly writers' program at the library, the speaker (Belea Keeney) spoke on editing with point of view being the biggest problem in her experience. She suggested a couple books for self-editing, Fiction First Aid and Weekend Novelist, and she shared how much she charged for copy-editing. Depending upon scope, 2-5 cents per word and she suggested you ask for a 4-5 page sample of your editor's work before employing.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901717-Winter