*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901289-A-New-Calendar
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#901289 added January 6, 2017 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
A New Calendar
         We finally have a new calendar on the kitchen wall. Usually we have lots of freebees, but we had to buy one this year. On this calendar, we primarily mark my dad's doctor appointments, which I also have on Google, his grandchildren's birthdays and other significant days to him. I have to keep my things, with his, on my own calendar.

         The Christmas tree is down. but the boxes are still in the family room. This room where I'm typing is full of Christmas boxes, too. They have to go into the attic. Only the outside lights are stored away until next year. We're just too sick still to climb into the attic toting heavy boxes. And it's cold up there. I still have Christmas cookies and fudge in the refrigerator. We can't use all that sugar, and I didn't go back to work after Christmas to take them. The fudge might still be okay to my co-workers, but I'm not so sure about the cookies.

         I want a vacation. I have to finish the holiday storage, go to the dentist and do my medical things, and dad's medical things. But I want a trip! I have to figure something that doesn't involve him flying, riding for more than six hours a day, or walking a great deal. So he is not really into sightseeing any more. He may have to scrap his dignity and settle for a wheel chair for day trips. I can't go anywhere without him. Maybe if I can find some place nice and scenic, he can endure a long ride, then just relax in the same place for a few days. Something lazy.I'm ready to start packing.

         I'm ready and willing to black off a week on that calendar.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901289-A-New-Calendar