*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901069-Antarctica-the-Land-of-the-South
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#901069 added January 4, 2017 at 1:45am
Restrictions: None
Antarctica, the Land of the South
Antarctica is the one place on Earth, that I have no real interest in visiting throughout my lifetime.

Anyone, who has known me for say,...more than five minutes, knows that I like cold weather.
I like to feel comfortable in long underwear and double hoodies.
I like to walk in the snow.
I like the photograph the snow.
I love to plant pansies in the winter time!
I love Christmas!
I love to listen to Christmas music 24-7-365!
(I am listening to Christmas music right now, about ten days after Christmas and in the middle of the night.)
In south Georgia, USA, where I live, I tend to be physically comfortable about four months out of the year. These are half the month of November, the months of December, January, February and half the month of March.

So, why do I not want to go to Antarctica? For two simple reasons...

1. Antarctica takes cold to the extreme. (Besides that, the snow is pretty and all, but there are no trees to give height to the beautiful canvas.)
2. Antarctica is about as far away from Santa Clause as you can get. *BigSmile*

"Antarctica, how I will miss you!
Look away you rolling snow drifts!
"Antarctica, I long to flee you!
Look away! I'll stay away,
"Across the wide big globe ball."


(Parody of the song, "Shenandoah")


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901069-Antarctica-the-Land-of-the-South