*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900606-The-Warm-Glow-of-Soft-Lights
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#900606 added December 30, 2016 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
The Warm Glow of Soft Lights
There is something about warm, white lights, that seems to add a peaceful tone to an occasion at night.
Whether we are relaxing at home or entertaining friends, soft, white lights tend to make us feel peaceful in some way.

As a young man, who became a radio announcer, my studies of all aspects of radio taught me, that sound has waves. Different types of sound, like AM & FM, operate in different ways.

That's why our radio station was a "day-timer," a radio station permitted to broadcast during daylight hours, only. We were on 1020 AM, which is the same frequency as KDKA in Philadelphia. Sometimes we would get letters from people around Philly, saying they heard our broadcast around dusk, since the "ceiling of the sky" raised at dark and AM waves would bounce off the stratosphere, sending our signal far beyond South Georgia,USA from whence we originated. FM doesn't do that. FM is a straight line wave. It doesn't do the atmospheric "bouncing" thing. (Maybe we can explore this further on another day, if anyone is interested.)

The point is this, sound emanates in waves.
Light emanates in waves.
As I have learned in recent years every part of life seems to produce waves.
(I guess this has something to do with the atoms of objects bumping against each other.)

Now, that little science lesson seems to point to the fact that soft, warm, white light may very well be on the same wavelength with the peaceful parts of our beings.

I wonder, "Is that why many philosophical beliefs seem to meditate in the presence of candles?"

Even though it is a few days after Christmas, still..."Let your hearts be light!"

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

© Copyright 2016 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900606-The-Warm-Glow-of-Soft-Lights