*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899367-Creepy-Stuff-and-12-Things-about-Christmas
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#899367 added December 9, 2016 at 7:03pm
Restrictions: None
Creepy Stuff and 12 Things about Christmas
Prompt: I was watching the weather channel this evening and they began discussing legends that occur in certain areas. One is Interstate 4 approach to the St. Johns River Bridge in Seminole County Florida, another in Devil's Gate Dam in Pasadena, California
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guy/os-i4-dead-zone-scary-leg...
https://www.timeout.com/Los-Angeles/blog/exploring-devils-gate-a-portal-to-hell-...
Are their strange occurrences or legends where you live? Please, tell us about them. Do you think they are real or an overactive imagination?


==================

They say stuff happens, but I haven’t seen anything. I can think of two such things concerning the town we live in. One, which is hearsay for me, is after what happened in a state park called, Oak Hammond Park. It is to the far west of our town. Hubby and I live much closer to the east and the ocean. It is rumored that a tree in that park along the nature trail could not be cut as chainsaw and axes failed, no matter how much the city workers tried. People report that hooded devil worshippers dance around that tree and the screams of girls are heard. Those girls were two nineteen-year-olds who were assaulted and hanged on that tree sometime during the nineteen seventies. Also, people insist that the ghosts of the girls haunt the restrooms in that park.

The other, which is also hearsay, is the broom closet near a stage in the theater at Indian River Community College. They say that this guy’s ghost, tall and blue (!), stays around and about the broom closet. At times, he dances, waves, or just stares at folks.

On the other hand, in my much earlier life, when hubby worked in Kings Park State Hospital, we lived for a few years on the hospital grounds, both in the apartments and then in a separate house. Now, the deserted KP hospital is said to be one of the most haunted places in the US. Google it and you’ll see. While we lived there, I noticed nothing. Actually, I had rather enjoyed my life there.

Then a few years ago, we stayed for two weeks in a really haunted house, a bed-and-breakfast, in Monticello, FL. It is called the John Denham house and is owned by a very nice lady named Pat, who is also a minister and runs séances. For the life of me, I can’t pull out her last name.

The house a century ago was a bordello. One day, my husband went to another town for the day and the lady gave the day off to the workers as we were the only guests at that time. Then she went shopping for an hour or two. I was alone in the house for more than an hour. I heard or saw nothing, maybe because I was busy reviewing in WdC on my laptop. When Pat came back, she asked me how I managed. I told her, for a haunted house, it had been awfully quiet and I had noticed or heard nothing, not only that day but in others, too. She said, “My girls are polite. They know not to disturb anyone working.” *Laugh*

If anything, my present house is much creepier and noisier than any other place I’ve been to. And we bought it from its first owners, which means nobody died in it. Go figure!

I am not sure if these occurrences are real or not. First, it is impossible to prove a negative point of view. Second, I just don't know if these things can happen. It is possible that they can.


Mixed flowers in a basket



Prompt: Make a list of 12 things you love about Christmas.

1. People seem to act nicer in public places and on the road.
2. I like to see happy people who, for once, think of what to give instead of what to get.
3. In my usually very warm area, the weather cools down by the northern cold waves sneaking down south and it is breathable outside.
4. I like pumpkin pie and fruitcake.
5. I like to watch NYC in its Christmas décor, if not in person but on TV.
6. I bring out my Christmassy stuff.
7. I like to hear from long-unseen friends through Christmas cards.
8. I like Christmas decorations that are tasteful and not overdone.
9. Making lists for cooking, decorations, etc. as I am a list-maker.
10. I like it that everyone cleans up not only their house but their acts, too.
11. Parties can be fun.
12. I like to see little kids totally awed, stunned, or scared sitting on Santa’s lap in the mall.


© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899367-Creepy-Stuff-and-12-Things-about-Christmas