*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899277-JAI-GURU
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#899277 added December 8, 2016 at 12:44am
Restrictions: None
JAI GURU
When man becomes a traveller on the path to his inner being, the distance that separates him from his Goal gradually vanishes. You will most certainly have to undertake this pilgrimage to Immortality, trampling under foot hundreds and hundreds of obstacles and impediments."
"To lose everything means to obtain everything. He is merciful. Whatever HE does in some moment is blessed, although it is sometimes certainly painful. If HE is revealed as a complete loss, there is hope that HE will be revealed as a complete gain."
"Man must go out in search of That which is concealed behind the world. He should choose an abode that will make it easy for him to proceed to his true Home."
"The sense of want, does it not arise because the desired object is not obtained? When one’s desire remains unfulfilled, fruitless, to continue craving for the same thing and be disappointed time and again—surely it is futile. So long as there is desire, the experience of want and sorrow is----from the worldly point of view--- but natural. Whatever you may desire that is of this ever-changing world will bring you sorrow, even though momentary happiness may be had at times. To seek THAT in which no sorrow is and all is found, is man’s sole duty. Losing hope is losing all indeed. But has this loss of everything occurred? Is not the heart still bubbling over with desires and hopes? This is only natural — it is the innate tendency of the individual. Perfect resignation gives the deepest joy of all. Accept it as your sole resource. Whatever God does at any time is wholly benign. If you can bear this in mind you will be at peace."
"The word manus (man: Man mind, hus conscious ] ) itself gives the clue to what man should really be: a being who is self-aware. Even if he has slipped and fallen, is it not his bounden duty to use as a lever the very earth to which he has tumbled, and raise himself up again? Besides, one does not fall so often. As a man, constant effort is his duty. If he does not awaken to the consciousness of his own Self, what has he achieved? He has but wasted his life. How many lives are frittered away age after age in endless coming and going. Find out who you are. Discover the significance of the round of births and deaths, its cause and where it leads. When man becomes a traveller on the path to his inner being, the distance that separates him from his Goal gradually vanishes. You will most certainly have to undertake this pilgrimage to Immortality, trampling under foot hundreds and hundreds of obstacles and impediments."
"Try your utmost never to succumb to anyone’s influence. In order to become firm, calm, deeply serious, full of courage, with one’s personality wholly intact, pure and holy out of one’s own strength, one has to be centred in God."
"Only actions that kindle man’s divine nature are worthy of the name of action, all the rest are non-actions — a waste ‘of energy. Any line of behaviour that fails to quicken the divine in man should be eschewed, no matter how enticing it might-appear ;but any that helps to awaken man’s inherent divinity must be resolutely adopted even though it be seemingly uninviting. Man’s calling is to aspire to the realization of Truth, to tread the excellent path that leads to immortality. What appears delightful to the senses later develops into a hotbed of poison, generating inner turmoil and disaster, for it belongs to the realm of death."
"In all forms, in all diversity and disparity is He alone. The infinite variety of appearances and manifestations, of modes of becoming and states of being, of species and types, all the numberless distinctions as well as all identity, are but He Himself. With whom are you then angry? Whatever anyone says is according to his stage and condition at that particular time and therefore right for him. Surely, he is only demonstrating what he perceives and understands at that point of his development. This also is but an expression, a guise of the One. To remain calm and at peace under all circumstances is man’s duty. To form a bad opinion of a person just because one has heard some gossip about him is wrong. Hostility, condemnation, abusive language, ill-feeling and so forth, even if kept concealed within one’s mind, will and must fall back on oneself. Nobody should ever harm himself by harbouring such thoughts feelings."
"No matter what work one undertakes, it should be done well. If one cultivates the habit of doing everything well, there is fair promise of one’s doing likewise on the spiritual path. The action is He, - and the doer of the action is He and no other. At all events one should make an attempt to develop this attitude of mind. Truth — in the presence of which illusion is recognized as illusion — Truth, THAT Which IS, has to be made one’s own."
"It is attachment to the world that has brought such deep distress to the unfortunate man. Nothing but ignorance is at the root of it all. He should continue to give news of himself to this body in any way he is able, for he has no one to whom he can confide his troubles and afflictions, which — one and all — are but the results of his past actions. By sorrow does the Lord dispel sorrow and by adversity does He destroy adversity. When this is done He sends no more suffering — this must be borne in mind at all times. In very truth, the Eternal’s offspring must centre their thoughts on Him. Divorced from Him there cannot be even a prospect of peace — never, never, never. By abiding in God man will find peace, the veil will be rent, and the Dispeller of Sorrow stand revealed. He alone is the conqueror of evil, He is yours, the sole treasure of the human heart."
"Poor and destitute must be called the man in whose heart the rememberance of God abides not. To depend solely on Him is man's one and only duty."
"When It (God) is found, nothing else remains to be found; the sense of want will not awaken anymore, and the heart's torment be stilled forever.
Do not be satisfied with fragmentary happiness, which is invariably interrupted by shocks and blowsof fate; but become complete, and having attained perfection, be YOURSELF."
"Then comes a time when the Beloved (God) does not leave one anymore; wherever one may go, He is ever by ones side and His Presence constantly felt."

How would one describe MA - a storm, a mountain spring or a migratory bird? The last one fits her admirably, considering her restless wanderings with o fixed abode. Wherever she goes she makes the place her home - a house of bliss.
She was at Anandkashi when news reached of mess of her mother. She left for Kashi but by 23rd of January she was at Allahabad for the Saraswati Puja in the house of Gopal Swarup Pathak. The next halt was at Rajgir. She stayed in a small hut but her presence drew hundreds of people. She listened to their problems, she seemed to listen to the complaints of the mute plants as well. On her direction, the associates retrieved and nursed back to life a few plants which got buried under loose earth. She said she heard their appeal. Her close follower Gurupriya said “MA seemed to be in tune with the spirits of mute creatures, plants and insects, birds and animals and unseen holy souls.” MA herself once confirmed: “All creatures belong to the same family”.
Sivaratri in February was spent in Kashi; the Holi festival in March at Vrindavan. Then she moved to Hoshiarpur via Delhi at the call of Haribaba. She came back to Kashi via Jallandhar and Delhi.
In the middle of April, MA was in Calcutta vis­iting the new Ashram at Agarpara. Her birth-anniver­sary was also celebrated here that year. Holy men from far and near were present on the occasion.
Devotees sought her guidance whenever in doubt. There is a saying - each sage has his own opinion and interpretation. MA said, “If you thoroughly realise the interpretation of the sage that you have chosen, then the interpretation of all others will be clear to you. You start your journey from where you are positioned now. If you proceed well, you will be able to understand all the directions coming from dif­ferent quarters.”
In the middle of May, she was at Ranchi. One day, a grief-stricken father who had lost two sons in his old age came to her for solace. MA consoled him, “This is the way of the world. The universe (Jagat) means one, which is ever on the move, always chang­ing. It is there and next moment it is not there - the world is to be taken like that.” On reaching God, her advice was, “You call Him with an irresistible craving and you will get Him. Earnestly follow the path shown by your Guru and keep good company.”
From June 18, she was at Solan for a religious function organised by Raja Durga Singh (Yogibhai). In July, she was on the move - Kashi, Vindhyachal, Dehradun - and then reached Delhi in the middle of August for the Jhoolan festival.
During Durga Puja, MA was at Allahabad to attend the festival at the place of Baleswar Prasadji. On reading out from religious books and scriptures she had a word of caution, “lf you feel conscious as the speaker while reading then you cannot be indif­ferent to your self-interest as a performer. Your read­ing will get a separate dimension if you consider your­self as the instrument used by Him to speak.”
A ‘Restraint Week’ was observed in her pres­ence in mid-November at the house of the Jaipurias at Kanpur. A huge pandal was erected to accommo­date 5,000 people. MA stayed at an adjacent hut made of reeds and grass.
After a few days rest at the hill resort of Anandkashi, MA came back to Delhi towards the end of December on her way to Jhalawar.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899277-JAI-GURU