*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898883-Running-the-Race-Called-Christmas
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#898883 added December 2, 2016 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Running the Race, Called Christmas!
The days of December, (and the adjoining Christmas season) can often feel like a very long race with its myriad parties and other social expectations. Maybe that's why in recent years January has often felt more like Christmas than December itself.

Christmas is a time of peace for me. That often requires an intentional search for peace in December.
Christmas is a time of heartfelt giving. December commercialism often plays to the "shoulds" in our heart. "Who should get a Christmas present this year?" "How many presents should we get for each person?" etcetera, etcetera and etcetera...
Christmas is a time of focusing on the most important aspect of life. This is being right in relationship with humans and with GOD.

Commercialized Christmas often feels like a second job.

Too often the feeling on December 26 is "That's finally over!" instead of "That was so refreshing!"

Therefore, I have endeavored in recent years of follow the confession of the changed Ebenezer Scrooge at the end of Dickens' A Christmas Carol. “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

Throughout the year as I enjoy a moment of peace, as I have the privilege of helping another, as I take time to reflect on my purpose in living in this life and beyond and as I enjoy some simple & peaceful Christmas music, I consider myself to be having a Christmas moment.

It does the heart good. :D

Here is a poem, that I wrote just today about running the race and finishing well. May it help you through these sometimes challenging days of December.

STATIC
To Run the Race and to Finish  (E)
To enter a race and to finish it shows a heart with courage to compete and to complete.
#2104336 by Jay O'Toole


Here is yet another way for me to sign my name!

© Copyright 2016 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898883-Running-the-Race-Called-Christmas