*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898703-Why-Do-We-Decorate-with-Lights-at-Christmas
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#898703 added November 29, 2016 at 11:05pm
Restrictions: None
Why Do We Decorate with Lights at Christmas?
Why do we decorate with lights at Christmas?

We might consider, that the days are shorter. Therefore, we feel a great need to might the nights lighter and brighter because some of us experience daylight, until 9:00 PM in the heart of the summer. That works for me!

There may be something to the fact, that children's eyes seem to twinkle more brightly as they become mesmerized by the wonderful colored lights of Christmas. I'm good with that one, too.

There is something about soft light, that seems to create a peaceful moment. It seems to be like a blanket of light, a place of warmth and contentment. Maybe there is a connection to soft lights, that parents often use to keep babies in the crib free from the fear of the dark. Even though the memory is distant for me, the feeling is very real.

I think the best part about the lights of Christmas is the symbolic connection to The Light of Christmas, Jesus, the little baby in the manger.
The world at its darkest needs the Light at His best!

The lights of Christmas reminds me of that wonderful old hymn, "The Light of the World Is Jesus."

May The LORD flood your life with His True and unbroken Light this Christmas!

This is my first signature.

© Copyright 2016 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898703-Why-Do-We-Decorate-with-Lights-at-Christmas