*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898405-Being-A-Better-Activist
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#898405 added November 26, 2016 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Being A Better Activist
In the past year or so, I have dedicated a fair bit of my time to becoming a better activist. I have always had strong opinions about certain areas of social justice and politics, and I have always tried my best (or what I thought was my best). I would educate myself as much as I could, and speak out when I had the opportunity to do so.

It has been in the last year-ish that I have become more dedicated to actually trying my best. The world is a terrifying place, and it feels like it has become even more so in the last while. I have dedicated even more time to learning as much as I can, but more time as well to educating those around me. Through social media, through conversation, and through sharing articles and books and news, I have done my best to make others know how I feel, and to make others aware of the situation of the world around them.

I attend community events now, I volunteer to help work with children at the library whenever I can, and I fight for what is right even when it's hard. I am continuing to seek ways to support the people in my life, my community, and as far reaching as I can manage.

This post isn't so much about what I have done and not done for others to see and judge, but more of a note to myself. I have come a long way, but I have further to go. This blog if from me to me, as a reminder to never stop trying.

This is for my own personal accountability.

© Copyright 2016 Elizabeth (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elizabeth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898405-Being-A-Better-Activist