*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897072-The-Road-to-Graduation
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#897072 added November 10, 2016 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
The Road to Graduation
Following the road to graduation in the Rising Stars Program is an interesting challenge.

It seems in some ways to be like an individual, who is spinning plates on tall poles. By the time you get maybe three plates spinning, you have to go back to the first plate to put more spin on it. At that point you need to put more spin into two and three, then you might have time to spin a fourth plate as you keep your eyes glancing over to plates one, two & three. Every time you start more plates spinning, your attention is divided into thinner and thinner pieces.

Forget about relaxing. Once the plate-spinner has half a dozen to ten plates spinning, he or she is always spinning plates, until it is time to finish the trick. (Presently, I have about 50 tabs on multiple windows opened on my laptop, thinking, "I can't close that! I might need it!")

However, this is merely a perspective issue. I feel like I am spinning plates because I am really experiencing a multitrack learning curve.

When we learn one new skill, most of us are tempted to profess, "I got this!"
When we learn two or three new skills, simultaneously, most of us can gut it up and state with a little less confidence, "I...think...I...got...this!?!"
When we are expected to learn six or more new skills at the same time, we are tempted to throw up our hands and cry out, "MOMMY!" (This is without regard to age.)

What I have learned is to do what is before me every day and somehow...by The Grace of GOD,...it always seems to get done.

If I get stuck too badly, then I know my sponsor, ~ Santa Sisco ~ is there to help.
If we both get stuck, (which I don't ever anticipate,) then we can contact our program director, GabriellaR45 .

I, also, have a Buddy in the Rising Stars Program. Warped Sanity has already been of invaluable help, during this first month of the program. There are still things I might not have accomplished, if she hadn't taken me by the hand to show me step-by-step how to do these things.

Whoever created the concept of Star Pals is brilliant! I think it must have some connection with the idea of always having a partner, when you go in swimming. One has about a 50/50 chance of success. Two can instantly increase the success percentage to 75% to 80%. Thank you very much!

It is very easy to become overwhelmed by looking only at the task. Confidence increases exponentially, when you realize, that many people on WDC have a vested interest in your success.

Pride keeps us silent. Honesty gets us help.

Keep writing! *Cool*

This is my first signature.

© Copyright 2016 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897072-The-Road-to-Graduation