*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897047-Wildcard-Thursday-Favorite-Movie-Quote
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#897047 added November 10, 2016 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Thursday: Favorite Movie Quote
Thursday, November 10, 2016


The Wildcard Thursday Round for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Pick a quote from one of your favorite movies and tell us how you relate to it.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
Star Trek

I relate this to what we are going through in America today and the fear of truth. We have to seek truth for ourselves otherwise we won't know when our speeches will be censored, our thought forbidden, or our freedoms denied. Anytime we attempt to impose our will as individuals or as a nation it is forging chains to enslave our minds and souls to the will of another. When we look back through history we see this happening either overtly or subtly by those in power or who are seeking to acquire power. I'm very much afraid that this is happening in America today.


During the presidential campaign I saw each party wanting to impose its will and beliefs on the American people. Very few people wanted to take the time to discover if what one party was accusing the other candidate of was valid. Sometimes you knew the accusations were valid by the words and facial expressions of a candidate, but other times the truth wasn't as obvious. This frightened and still frightens me because it divided the American people into "Them and Us". The candidates didn't seem to care that they were building hate and separating the people of America into armed camps. The weapons carried by each side weren't always guns and missiles, sometimes they were outdated ideas of race and ideology.

The election is over and the once silent majority is angry. They are no longer silent because their votes didn't matter. The minority won the electoral votes. The majority feels that they are being told "Fuck off your ideas don't matter. Be silent, censer your outrage because your ideas and beliefs don't matter to us." The majority feel they will suffer because no one in power is listening to them. They are afraid they will be enslaved to the minority and forced to accept any laws that those in power enacted.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897047-Wildcard-Thursday-Favorite-Movie-Quote