*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896832-Motivation-Monday-These-Prompts-movtivated-me-today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#896832 added November 7, 2016 at 6:48pm
Restrictions: None
Motivation Monday: These Prompts movtivated me today
Monday, November 7, 2016

Flight of Sparrows

A dog barks:
A flight of small dinosaurs
Flutter from one tree to another.

The Motivation Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Singer Joni Mitchell, born on this day back in 1943, once said "Chase away the demons, and they will take the angels with them." What do you think about this? Is it necessary to have demons, if only to keep the angels around?

Yes, demons and darkness are necessary because without them we wouldn't know who the angels are or how to find the light. Because humans are composed of a physical body and spiritual soul they have dual natures. The demons and darkness symbolize the physical nature and the ego while the angels and light symbolize the soul. The ego wants only to feed the desires of the body while the soul, if an individual lets it, will raise a person above the mundane desire of the body and develop the person's spiritual attributes. We need our demons so that we know our angels who will help us develop our spiritual attributes.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1453
"I want to remind writers to see themselves as witnesses, and always speak the truth to the people, as well as the power." E. Ethelbert Miller, The Writer's Chronicle What's your take on this quote? What do you think it means?

I believe that writers have a duty to show the write about the things going on in the age they live in. If writers find an injustice then they should write about that injustice. They can use poetry, short stories, or novels to reveal the injustice or witness to it. Once they have written about the injustice or whatever issues they are witnessing then they need to some get their writing before those in power. The problem is that many people think those in power refers to only the governors of states, people holding seats in senates, or leaders of countries. This isn't the case because true power is at the grassroots level or the people who let the leaders lead them or the generals command them. It's the individual human beings who have the power to elect presidents and senators. It is those who have the ability to change things if they are willing to attempt that change.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 973
When writing fiction, is showing the race of a character important especially when it has no bearing on the plot? Why or why not?

Human culture is composed of individuals of different skin tones, races to use an archaic term, and it's this variety in complexion that give the human race its beauty. By not describing a character's physical attributes the writer (this is my opinion) is doing a disservice to humanity by not revealing the beauty of the diversity in the people of Earth. My biggest grip with many science fiction stories is that they show the variety of human complexion and not a variety of the same beauty in different species from different planets. If the human race has evolved varieties of color and height then it's only logical to assume that the same thing has occurred in the species from other planets.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896832-Motivation-Monday-These-Prompts-movtivated-me-today