*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896708-Enjoy-a-Cup-of-Peace
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#896708 added November 6, 2016 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Enjoy a Cup of Peace!
The coffee shop has become a wonderful respite in modern times.

We stay so busy from day to day, that our minds crave solace and peace. We need time away from the race. We need this moment to pause as the water table of life.

The coffee shop is a great place for writing, for reading or for simply staring out into space.

The aroma of the coffee shop has made me ask more than one proprietor, "Do I need to pay for the smell?" The aroma is truly worthy to create a moment, to create a bubble of peace, to give me a momentary break.

The people in a coffee shop tend to be very trusting, too, since we all have the same desire, "We need peace. We offer you peace, too." This seems to maintain an air of trustworthiness.

At the coffee shop this morning an apparent college co-ed was working on her laptop with papers all strewn around. The table was about five to ten feet away from where my wife and I sat on a large comfy white couch.

When we got up to leave, the girl was nowhere to be found. I hadn't seen her leave. She left all her things in the places she had strewn them. (She had stepped away, momentarily for another cup of coffee, no doubt.)

As I walked away I felt silent and reverent as though protecting a sacred trust. I passed the table to see her at the top of the stairs on her way back. We saw each other for a moment and smiled.

The coffee shop is a safe place of relative peace in a world of activity.


© Copyright 2016 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896708-Enjoy-a-Cup-of-Peace