*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896115-HALLOWEEN
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#896115 added October 31, 2016 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
HALLOWEEN
Happy Halloween! Once again, this occasion has arrived to herald the final day of October. Usually, where I live, trick-or-treaters have to create costumes that fit over snowsuits. Invariably, there is some form of precipitation whether it be snow or rain. Candy seekers are a hearty bunch struggling against freezing temperatures, howling winds, slashing rain, and blinding snow. Hmm, this sounds like the scene from a horror movie...Anyway, this is a post I wrote and shared on Facebook back in 2013.
         It's raining, in fact it is pouring.
         Kind of tough for the witches to fly, or be soaring.
         The fairy wings will be soggy and sagging,
         the shiny tinfoil wands will be crushed and dragging.
         The vampire 'blood' will be smeared and splotchety.
         The capes drenched and heavy, the Counts are crotchety.
         Why does it have to be wet on an evening of dress-up and fun?
         Is it too much to ask for some warmth and some sun?
         At the moment, the sun is glowing. I'm suspicious.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896115-HALLOWEEN