*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895316-Flip-Flops
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#895316 added October 23, 2016 at 1:02am
Restrictions: None
Flip Flops
PROMPT: Is there a choice or decision you've had to make in the last year that you wish you could reverse the outcome of? How should it have ended up?

====

The title of this entry, in no way, points the finger at the presidential candidates. It is about shoes, but I guess flip flopping tires anybody out whether it is in the head or on the feet.

Thus, chugging along, this prompt is a tough one because I don’t usually sweat over my choices or decisions. I think what’s done is done and go forward from there. A decision with an outcome I didn’t like has been difficult to dig up.

It may sound silly but the only thing I could think of at the moment was a pair of pink flip flops I bought, only because hubby wanted me to get them. Why I agreed, it passes me by. I guess I gave in to his good will or his wish to do something nice for me. It isn’t that I never wear flip flops. I do and a lot, but they all have a good amount of sole and excellent arch supports.

These flip flops, however, were a name brand but plastic and made in China, had very little support, and they cost over $60. For such a thing, if I were shopping on my own, I wouldn’t even spend $10. Still, just to please him, I said yes when he said I should get them, and I honestly tried very hard to wear them after we took them home, but they weren’t comfortable to walk on. They were probably meant for 14 year-olds since their soles were flat and thin.

So without saying anything to him, I wore them a little at a time, and less and less often. After a while, they took a permanent spot at the end of my shoe rack, and then, they found themselves in the AM-Vets donation bag.

I really didn’t like to give them away because they meant something nice concerning my husband. I wish there would be a way I could have worn them or I wish I could have steered his good will toward something I could use, something fitting for my presidential feet.




© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895316-Flip-Flops