*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894987-White-and-Orange-Pumpkins-with-No-Reflection
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#894987 added October 20, 2016 at 11:35am
Restrictions: None
White and Orange Pumpkins with No Reflection
Thursday, October 20, 2016

"Every vampire fiction reinvents vampires to its own needs. You take what you want."
Joss Whedon

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 955
Do you like orange pumpkins or white pumpkins? Do you buy pumpkins at a pumpkin farm or somewhere else?

White or Orange Pumpkins

White is the color of purity,
the clouds in a crystal blue sky;
orange is creativity's color,
the joy expression and enthusiasm.


I was raised believing pumpkins were orange. I associate orange with autumn, jumping in piles of leaves, and pumpkin pies. I associate white with winter, snow ice cream, and Santa Claus's beard. I remember Grandma Mary making pumpkin pie with orange pumpkins; however, I don't see that the taste would be different if the pie was made with the meat of a white pumpkin because (according to my research) the meat of a white pumpkin is orange. I think both white and orange pumpkins are pretty and both would make good Halloween decorations. I don't have a preference because I think they are both beautiful.

If I purchase a pumpkin it's from a grocery store. If I want to use the pumpkin meat in a pie, the I purchase canned pumpkins. If I want to use the pumpkin as a decoration then I purchase tiny whole pumpkins. While I enjoy cooking, I don't enjoy cutting up pumpkins and then cleaning up the mess afterwards.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1435
Write about a character who wakes up in the morning to discover they have no reflection. What happens?

No Reflection

"The mirror is broken!" Said Ada running out of the bathroom with an open tube of scarlet lipstick in her right hand.

"How'd that happen," George looked up from his morning paper. "It was uncracked when I was in there an hour or so ago."

"I'm not talking about it being cracked, You Dolt! I can't see my reflection when I look in it."

"Don't be silly, Sweet..." George turned pale, picked up his cup and swallowed the coffee in one gulp. "Sorry, Sweet Heart, I didn't mean that you were silly." Realizing he was only digging his grave deeper, he got up from the table, walked over to his wife, and kissed her on the forehead. "Ada, Sweet Heart, why don't you pour yourself a cup of coffee and eat some breakfast while I see if I can fix the mirror."

In the bathroom he stared at his reflection in the mirror. He counted to ten and then went back into the dining room. I don't suppose, he thought as he sat down beside his wife. I should ask her about that hickey she came home with last night. Probably should wait until she stops glaring at me.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894987-White-and-Orange-Pumpkins-with-No-Reflection