*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894093-Happy-Thanksgiving
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#894093 added October 9, 2016 at 10:19pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Thanksgiving
Here in Canada, this weekend is Thanksgiving. I have four family meals to attend. I have attended three already, and honestly I am getting a little bit sick of Thanksgiving, both physically and mentally. My stomach is done with food, possibly forever. I feel done with my family, probably not forever. I am certainly done with doing things. Dealing with chronic illness and having to actually leave the house multiple times in one weekend is absolutely exhausting.

So since I am done with Thanksgiving, I am going to talk about October in general! October is one of the best months of the year. The weather is generally quite lovely. It's cool but not cold, and I feel pretty comfortable. Fall leaves are beautiful. Fall clothes means I get to wear jeans and hoodies, or at least don't have to worry about feeling self-conscious for wearing too little clothing in order to stay cool. October is the month of NaNo prep, which I am having a blast with. The temperature is comfortable enough for me to focus on writing. Seasonal Affective Disorder hasn't kicked my ass yet, so I am still fully productive.

October food is top notch. Pumpkin things are delicious, especially pie and tea. Apple cider is a phenomenal drink and easy to get a hold of this time of year. Apples in general are actually in season, which is awesome. I have fond memories of going to pick them myself with my family as a child. I am also a sucker for pie, and the best of these are fall pies like apple and pumpkin.

Halloween season is also probably one of the main draws. The decorations are a blast, coming up with a costume is a great creative outlet, and who doesn't like candy? Well, I could honestly take or leave candy, but it's still nice anyway. Horror movie/TV time is also one of the best things to look forward to. I have been on a bit of a superhero kick lately as far as TV goes, but I did watch The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (1920) for the first time, and it was a masterpiece of silent german expressionist horror. I have a list of other horror flicks to watch for the first time, a few I would like to re-watch, and some TV shows I plan to dive into. Not to mention, I am also very excited for The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror replays. It isn't halloween to me unless I watch at least three of the THOH episodes.

I may be done with Thanksgiving (and I can't even look forward to the remaining Thanksgiving meal tomorrow), but I am certainly not done with Halloween or with fall.

© Copyright 2016 Elizabeth (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elizabeth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894093-Happy-Thanksgiving