*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893198-Ontario
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#893198 added September 29, 2016 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
Ontario
Blogging Circle of Friends... 36-hour tour prompt...promote a place you know well...
          Ah, I'd like to introduce the beautiful Canadian province of Ontario. It is larger than some countries. In its southern'ish region is a city named for its fantastic natural wonder/ attraction, Niagara Falls. It is a roaring sight to behold. At Christmas, it is illuminated with coloured floodlights, and nearby twinkling light displays. In the summer, it is possible to board a boat known as The Maid of the Mist, and float up close and personal with the cascading waterfall. The last time I experienced this, it was a bit surreal. In my hooded plastic rain cape, I was splashed and jostled with several German tourists. Despite the constant stream of cold water, they struggled to snap selfies, and remain standing. It is also possible to explore the rock caves behind the waterfall. It is amazing to see the force of water, and the erosion it causes. Niagara Falls offers many wax museums, and another version of the Ripley's museum. Marineland is housed nearby, too. A supper and dinner theatre features a stage show known as 'Canada, Eh?' which spoofs all things Canadiana. I personally recommend the indoor water parks, super fun! Oh yes, a tour of a chocolate factory is a must. Who can resist Hershey's Kisses? The chocolate milkshake is to die for, yummy! I tried to bite the giant Kiss outside, but it was tougher than it looked. I did kiss a bright blue moose for good luck.
         Toronto is another bustling Ontario city. What doesn't it have? There are comedy clubs, supper theatres, Broadway stage productions, Cirque du Soleil, Blue Jays baseball, Maple Leaf hockey, Football and basketball franchises, pretty parks, a waterfront, Ripley's Aquarium, the Sky Dome, the Cn Tower,museums, world class dining, and more. Hopping on a ferry, one can travel to a nearby island to access a beach, an amusement park, and more. It certainly is never dull in this city. Recently, I viewed the Cirque production 'Luzia', and it was spectacular! The Toronto Zoo is wonderful. The indoor butterfly pavilion is amazing. I have visited all of these venues, and been entertained. There is nothing quite like walking under an archway comprised of sea water, and swimming sharks that is at Ripley's Aquarium. Movies and television shows are filmed all the time in Toronto. It is fascinating to stop and watch a film crew in action.
          I currently live near an immense national park known as Algonquin Park. There is a lumber museum. Wolf howls are organized in the evenings. Wow, to emit a howl, and then hear a wolf return its call is special. Canoeing and kayaking are breathtaking here. It is not uncommon to spot bears, wolves, raccoons, and moose. In August, the maple syrup season has passed, but several operations screen films of the syrup-making process, and offer maple syrup, maple sugar, maple butter, and treats. There are lodges for tourists within this park.
The capitol of Canada is Ottawa. It is located in a scenic valley. It too has many museums to entice visitors. The Parliament Buildings are set in a park-like area. The gardens are beautiful. I first saw Ottawa during a grade school field trip. I still remember the War Museum, and The Museum of Natural Science. I've never seen such an abundance and rainbow of tulips anywhere, but Ottawa.
         There are many fascinating cities in Ontario, each with its own charm. The few I mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg. Come see and explore Ontario, eh?

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893198-Ontario