*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892681-My-Own-Klutz-Care
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#892681 added September 21, 2016 at 8:52pm
Restrictions: None
My Own Klutz Care
Prompt: War Chest Wednesday! When you're unwell, do you allow others to take care of you, or do you prefer to soldier on alone? What does it take for you to ask for help?
         Luckily, I've been blessed with great health. I can honestly say that I rarely fall ill. My Achilles heel is my klutziness and my persuasions of the accident sort. I tend to fracture bones, sprain and strain muscles and ligaments, contuse my skin enough for stitches, and oh yeah, endure whiplash numerous times. I haven't resolved my clumsiness.
          I do wonder why me, and bemoan, not again. Should I pay more attention to my surroundings; be aware? Should I look before I attempt to step forward? Should I wear steel-toed boots, a helmet, and bubble wrap? Should I opt for delivery of groceries and such, thus bypassing opportunities for falls?See, I feel responsible for my injuries. Surely, they could've been prevented. The accidents annoy and embarrass me. If at all possible, I soldier through the pain and recovery process. I view my injuries as my fault, my burden to shoulder. Yeah, I can be stubborn and independent.
          When I am in pain, it's difficult to express it, and I do not want to overwhelm anyone with it. It is so much easier to claim that I am fine, then get on with it; grin and bear it.
         All of this being said, there have been times where I begrudgingly accepted help. I am right-handed, and I once fractured my right thumb resulting in an awkward plaster cast. Oh, I still insisted u          pon doing what I could, but I was helpless with knives, scissors, shoe laces, and buttons. Basically, I had to rely upon my family to dress me, and cook for me. At the time, my hair was quite long. I permitted my hubby to brush and detangle it just once. He was unintentionally rough, and it felt as if I was being scalped. My solution was to have most of my hair cut.
         After another memorable mishap, my right foot was casted, and out of commission. This meant I had to depend upon family and friends to ferry me about, I did not have a driving foot. I was at the mercy of someone else's schedule.I shouldn't complain, but I had to wait, instead of coming and going when it suited me.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892681-My-Own-Klutz-Care