*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892535-Motivational-Monday-Movies-A-Tree-in-Paradise-Miracles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892535 added September 19, 2016 at 5:16pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Movies, A Tree in Paradise, Miracles
Monday, September 19, 2016

The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Newspaper columnist Mike Royko  , born on this day back in 1932, once said, "Hollywood is right. A good and strong movie can have a more powerful social impact than any and all political speeches or newspaper editorials and columns." Tell us about a movie that has had a more profound impact on you in terms of politics, social justice, morality, or just plain old "doing the right thing".

Movies

I agree that a good strong movie can be a powerful statement for social good. I'm not sure that I ever encountered a movie that an influence on me. I won't say I never encountered a movie that did not impact me or either social good or bad. I think a movie has to have three things to make an impact on society or an individual. First, is an exceptional direction. Second, are good strong actors that can play any part and make it believable. Third, is the subject or theme of the movie and this has to be something that makes people question the status quo. Once these three come together then a movie has the potential to influence those watching it. If the movie makes people ask questions or think then it can influence them.


DAY 1405 September 19, 2016
Use the following words for inspiration: spirit, dust, paradise, phoenix, cage, fruiting, love.

A Tree in Paradise

Breaking free of the cage of terror
My spirit ascends
Through the dust of matter
And flies into faith's paradise.


There,
beside the tree of divine love
and with the phoenix of salvation
it waits for the fruiting;
waits for the tree to drop is blossoms
to reveal the mangoes of unity.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt fot Day 925
"Miracles are thoughts. Thoughts can represent the lower or bodily level of experience or the higher or spiritual level of experience. One makes the physical, and the other creates the spiritual.” The Course of Miracles What are your views on thoughts being miracles?

Miracles

Thoughts can be either positive or negative. Positive thoughts can attract positive results while negative thoughts can attract negative results. Sometimes t he positive results that are attracted by a person's positive thoughts can appear to be a miracles just as the results attracted by negative thoughts can appear to be a curse. If we expect a miracle by focusing on positive thoughts then a miracle will happen if we don't attempt to define the type of miracle we want. Sometimes, no matter how positive our thoughts, the opposite of what we want happens. When this happens we cannot give up and presume that what happened was not a miracle because it was not what we wanted. Miracles happen when we work along with the positive thoughts rather then depend on the positive thoughts to attract miracles without us working for them.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892535-Motivational-Monday-Movies-A-Tree-in-Paradise-Miracles