*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892489-September-18th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#892489 added September 18, 2016 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
September 18th
Prompt: The Sunday News! This week, Donald Trump once again alluded to the possibility of violence against Hillary Clinton in reference to her stance on Gun Control Reform, while Clinton called a segment of Trump's supporters a " basket of deplorables". Is any of this rhetoric really necessary in an already heated election season? Why is the focus almost always more on the sound bites and mudslinging than the actual issues and policies that should be debated?
         I suppose for the presidential candidates all is fair in the campaigning circus. They excel at deflecting. They hide behind the spotlight they aim at their opponent. They have less to explain while attention is elsewhere.
         Mudslinging involves throwing dirt, and hoping that some of it sticks. No one is perfect especially politicians. Neither of the candidates seems to have credibility, so they attack the other. They assume voters are not intelligent enough, nor involved to care and hear about issues. Voters react to innuendos. To slur a rival creates doubt. Scandal titillates. One minute, the press venerates, and the next it villifies.
         I believe people instinctively mistrust politicians. They question their motives, their decisions, their commitment. Any whiff of wrongdoing is accepted as inevitable thus the scandal sharks survive.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892489-September-18th