*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892409-Creative-Saturday-A-Sigh-Interview-with-Self-and-Cooking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892409 added September 17, 2016 at 3:06pm
Restrictions: None
Creative Saturday: A Sigh, Interview with Self, and Cooking
Saturday, September 17, 2016

 Witches Stew  (18+)
Prompt Words: witches, ghost, goblins, howling, moon, graveyard, cauldron, brew
#2096574 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

 It's That Time of Year Again  (13+)
A Humorous (I Hope) Look at the Holidays Line Count: 24
#2096631 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 923
I'm a huge fan of creative Saturday, so here goes- She stared at me for a moment, then grimaced and with a sigh, she put away.... Well, it's your blog so have some fun weaving away! *Bigsmile*

This is how I (Marge) ended up in Mali in Africa

She stared at me for a moment, then grimaced and with a sigh, she put away the nail file she was holding in her left hand. I knew by the deep sadness of the sigh that she was upset, but I'm still not sure why. I ask her what was wrong and the only thing she could say was "Ask Joe," which didn't help since I don't know anyone named Joe, Joseph, or Josephine. I knew it wouldn't do any good to ask any more questions. The only think I could do was figure out who Joe was. So I did the only thing I could do, I poured myself another cup of coffee and waited for Elizabeth to go to work, shopping or wherever she went on Saturday morning.


After she left the house, I went to the computer and logged onto her Facebook page. It took me a few minutes to read through the posts, but I found what I was looking for. There, on the screen, was a message from a JoCee, who I presumed was also called Joe. It said "We're gathering at Morgan's Bar and Grill this Saturday. Be there or be square." I logged out, looked up the address, drove over to the place and walked in.

Elizabeth was sitting at the bar with a drink in her right hand and a cigarette in her left. Sitting at the bar stools on either side of her was the weirdest looking duds I've ever seen. She waved me over and said "Marge, this is Joe and Cee. Their taking us to Timbuktu." I smiled and sat down on next to Cee. I know I should have left, but the lost puppy dog look in Cee's eyes melted my heart. Anyway, that's how I ended up in Mali attempting to explain to a nice elderly woman why I couldn't marry her son.

The Creative Saturday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Conduct a brief four question interview with yourself...but do not use four out of the following five words in your questions and responses: who, what, where, when, why.

*QuestionV* "My name is Prosperous. You are?"
                   "You can call me Snow or Neva, but don't call me late for supper."

*QuestionV* "You doin' alright today?"
                   "As well as can be expected under the circumstances."

*QuestionV* "I noticed you wrote two poems yesterday. Are you going to write another today?"
                   "I'll either write a new poem or rewrite an old poem before I get started editing Chapter 9 of Scavengers."

*QuestionV* "What poem are your rewriting?
                   "I'm rewriting God Smiled. I looked at it this morning and realized there are a couple of lines that could be a little clearer."

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1403
How did the very first cake and dinner that you ever made turn out?

Dinner with the Preacher

Let's put it this way. The first dinner I made turned out all right. It was a complete success because I didn't give the Preacher (Can't remember what his name was.) ptomaine poison or kill him with the potatoes and gravy. The menu was fried chicken (which I managed to cook completely through) creamed peas (from a can, but I didn't tell him that), green salad, hot rolls with butter (the butter wasn't homemade), and frozen dessert (I made the dessert myself by putting cool aide in an ice cube tray).


Chocolate Layer Cake Dessert Disaster

I attempted to make a chocolate layer cake. I used a cake mix because I'd never made a layer cake before and the directions on the box were (appeared to be) easy. I mixed the cake properly. I poured each of the three cake pans properly. I had preheated the oven. Everything about this project appear to suggest success. I burned three out of three of the layers. I was so ashamed that I put the layers in the freezer. I left them in the freezer for about a month and then took them out. The layers were still burned, so I soaked them in water and fed them to my grandparents' chickens.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892409-Creative-Saturday-A-Sigh-Interview-with-Self-and-Cooking