*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892370-September-16th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#892370 added September 16, 2016 at 8:16pm
Restrictions: None
September 16th
PROMPT: Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1620, the Mayflower departed from Plymouth, England. The ship arrived at Provincetown,MA, on November 21st and then at Plymouth, MA on December 26th; there were 102 passengers on board. Imagine that this voyage never happened... how dramatically would that have affected the course of human history?
          Ah, if this particular voyage never sailed, the British would've commissioned another ship in the not-so-distant future. Britain was known for its navies, and its exploration and colonization. The Puritans that were fleeing England would/could hire another ship. England competed with Spain for new colonies, and natural resources to exploit. Perhaps just the dates would be different. On the other hand, Spain could have established a base in Massachusetts first. Spain did claim many areas of what would become the United States. Ponce de Leon, a Spaniard, was exploring and naming Florida in 1513. Heck, Vikings had settled temporarily in what became Newfoundland, Canada long before the British, Spanish, and French. It's possible that there would never be the first Thanksgiving with the natives, no Salem witch trials, no Tea Party. Spanish might have become the primary official U.S. language with English as the second.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892370-September-16th