*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890726-Who-can-can-can-We-can-can-can
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#890726 added September 7, 2016 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Who can can-can? We can can-can.
PROMPT: Paris, France
          Bonjour Paris! At last we meet, visage a visage. You are one grande dame. The 80s tunes from last night are still swirling in my sleep-deprived brain, and one seems to represent my expectations here, 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now'. I suspect mes amis are more than ready for some vavoom vivre.
          Oh my God Lyn's a Witchy Woman !!!! The Four Seasons Hotel George V is stunning and spectacular, there aren't enough superlatives, although SB Musing hits it on its elegant tete/head, 'swanky'. Oh wait, I have more descriptors: sumptuous, opulent, over the top. My battered backpack feels shabby and under-dressed. OOOHH LA LA!
          Paris is the perfect city to be strolling in; pretending to be cosmopolitan and chic. I am grateful that I did not pack any high heels because I probably would've attempted to strut in them like the femme fatales, and failed miserably. I am not a strutter, I am a stumbler, and that is far more acceptable in sneakers. I did try to saunter nonchalantly, tossing my hair over my shoulder, and trying to keep my head/chin up. Alas, my poor head was too busy swivelling allowing my unblinking eyes constant feedback. I am a tourist, I admit to ogling. I think Paris likes to be ogled, she has every reason to flaunt.
          The Louvre is world famous, a name easily recognized. Now I undersatnd its reputation. This museum itself is an artifact from the 12th century. It is truly magnifique! This is the best venue to wander and daydream. I roamed and drooled with the gang. Apondia 💙 Carly WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 Kit Fivesixer SB Musing Sally Oh we were tempted to caress many a stunning sculpture, but we controlled our impulses. No bare butt brushing. The seductive spell of this museum defied all real time. Our entire day dissipated like the fog on a sunny day. Reluctantly, we bid the awesome artwork au revoir.
          Lyn's a Witchy Woman arranged for us to revel in more luxury with Moulin Rouge. Gasp, we were ushered to balcony seating, oh how decadent. I fully expected to hear a woman in a bodice-enhancing gown and white wig shout, "Let them eat cake!" We giggled about referring to ourselves as Marie, or the Antoinettes for the evening. "Garcon. Autre vin, tout suit!" This VIP-backpacker lifestyle is to-die-for. Once again, we experienced fine dining; you know, linens, china, crystal, flickering candlelight, too many pieces of cutlery, unlimited champagne, delicious food, polite yet disdainful wait-staff....
         Every one of my 'mercis' was met by a "bien sur." I pinched SB Musing who was quick to retaliate.Ah, that brought me back to earth. The champignon/mushroom stew was delish. I talked SB Musing into ordering it for an appetizer, and then I had a sample. Actually, we tasted what we all ordered, we shared. Yeah, you can't take the all-you-can-eat buffet out of us. The shared dessert nibbles were divine; caramel, chocolat, cerise. All food sounds wonderful in the French tongue. The lowly pickle is elevated to a 'cornichon'. I'm convinced the French could make a pickle pie palatable.
          We discovered that champagne bubbles really do tickle noses, and cause giggling. The dancers, the 'Doriss Girls', were fantastique. They were a vision in rouge/red of course, and feathers, finery, sequins, , and rhinestones. They shimmied and sparkled. Actually, the more champagne we sipped, the shinier the entertainers became..
          Our return to the hotel saw us stepping along in our own chorus line; who can can can? We can can can. Vive le France! Bonne nuit.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890726-Who-can-can-can-We-can-can-can